LMC is pleased to announce the formation of our Tax Controversy Group to the Firm’s expanding line of service groups for our clients. Led by LMC Tax and Legal Manager, David Neuman, JD, the main objective of the group will be to help clients prevent disputes before they arise, manage controversies which may arise, and resolve challenges by tax authorities in an efficient and effective manner. With both a legal and tax background, LMC’s Tax Controversy Team will work with our clients to ensure a smooth and successful resolution of a myriad of tax matters.
In addition to managing tax notices, our Tax Controversy Group is available to assist clients in a variety of areas, including:
- Represent clients at all levels of their tax disputes, from pre-examination through Appeals;
- Assist in any collection matters, including offers in compromise and/or installment agreements;
- Contact tax authorities and request tax and/or account transcripts;
- Provide legal research and analysis on any proposed transaction and/or positions taken on a tax return;
- Draft tax opinion letter and/or memorandum of law;
- Prepare voluntary disclosures, including delinquent FBAR or international information filings;
- Manage special projects, including: Paycheck Protection Program, Employee Retention Credit, SBA loans, PTE tax, etc.;
- Update clients on new tax legislation and tax policy.
Please feel free to reach out to David Neuman to discuss if the Tax Controversy Group could better service you.